Dating but not sure if they’re a player or keeper? Players, they’re the master of the pick up and the dating equivalent of Jekyll and Hyde. Gorgeous, bold and absolute charmers one minute and missing in action the next. So how do you tell the difference between a player and a keeper before becoming emotionally invested?
The good news is that the signs are crystal clear. The bad news is that when you’re head over heels you may not be able to see them.
The release of dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin in the early stages of attraction causes havoc with our nervous system making us temporarily infatuated and blinded to even the most glaringly obvious.
Want To Avoid Falling For Someone
Who’s Never Going To Love You Back?
Keep Your Eyes Peeled For These 12 Signs That Your Dating A Player And Not A Keeper:
- They’re always too busy to see you, doesn’t want to make plans (just in case), stands you up or doesn’t call or text when they say they will.
- They never pick up the phone and your message always goes to voicemail.
- Deep and meaningfuls are out. They don’t want to talk about your relationship or where it’s going (or not going).
- They don’t introduce you to their friends or aren’t interested in meeting yours.
- They introduce you as a ‘friend’.
- Every date turns out to be a major investment.
- They make you feel as though they’re doing you a favour by spending time with you.
- They blow hot and cold, making you feel fantastic one second and unworthy the next.
- It’s a one-way relationship and you find yourself making all the plans and ‘filling in the blanks for the both of you’.
- They flirt with other people in front of you.
- The balance of emotional and physical intimacy feels of whack, or it seems as though your relationship is based purely on the physical.
- You feel confused about your relationship and where it is (or isn’t) going.
One sided relationships just don’t work.
So if any of these points look familiar and you’re sick of making a million excuses for why things aren’t perfect … yet. (They’ve been hurt, lost their phone, their mother didn’t love him.) STOP.
You deserve much better.
You deserve to be loved completely and you will meet someone who’d do anything for you, treats you like the amazing unique being that you are and makes your heart and stomach flip. And when you do, you’ll know that you’ve found someone worth keeping.
Katia Loisel is an internationally recognised dating, relationship and body language expert with over 19 years experience in the TV Industry. She is the co-author of the bestselling How To Get The Man/Woman You Want and has conducted a widely published five-year global study into dating and mating patterns.
A sought after media commentator, spokesperson and host, Katia has been interviewed over 1,000 times by media outlets worldwide. Her production credits include programme creation, development and production of various dating and relationship related TV shows for the Australian and US market and a global online ‘how to’ campaign for the dating and relationship market that generated over 12 million views.
Katia is the Founder of The Love Destination, and is on a mission to empower and inspire, bringing more love and good news into the world.