Looking for a quick, easy and healthy recipe for a snack for the kids that they’ll actually want to eat? These deliciously healthy and yummy gluten free, diary free chocolate popsicles by Integrative Nutritionist, Chef and Author Lee Holmes are the perfect after school snack for the kids. They’ll love them!
- 2 bananas
- 65 g (214 oz/14 cup) nut butter
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/14 cup) additive-free coconut milk or coconut water
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder or your sweetener of choice (rice malt syrup/honey etc.)
- 4 ice block (popsicle/ice lolly) moulds and sticks
- Whizz all the ingredients in a food processor to combine.
- Pour into the ice block moulds and add the sticks, then freeze until set.
From posting recipes and sharing her story to help others, Lee Holmes is today a best-selling author and the founder of website www.superchargedfood.com
She has an Advanced Certificate in Nutrition, is a Certified Health Coach (Institute of Integrative Nutrition), Hatha Yoga Teacher and Whole Foods Chef; and her books, the highly successful Supercharged Food series, have been created for anyone looking to overhaul their diet.
Today Lee appears regularly on Australian television and in publications both here and abroad, including as the resident Healthy Food Expert for www.lifestyle.com.au and her blog becoming one of the leading health and lifestyle blogs in Australia (and winner of the 2013 BUPA Health Influencer Awards), focused simply on making realistic and small changes every day.