We love this deliciously healthy breakfast treat by Casey-Lee Lyons. These nutrient-rich pancakes use just three whole food ingredients and are gluten, dairy and nut free. Who would have thought avocado would go well in pancakes?!
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (approx.. 1 large banana)
- 1/4 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Coconut oil for frying
- Whisk eggs, banana and avocado really well until well combined. Alternatively lightly pulse in a blender.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over low – medium heat.
- Spoon small pikelet size portions of batter into frying pan and cook for 1 – 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Flip carefully and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes or until cooked through.
Casey-Lee Lyons is a Nutritionist/Naturopath and founder of Live Love Nourish, an online health and wellness website specialising in healthy recipes and nutritionally designed programs that focus on nourishing from the inside out.
Casey-Lee develops real food recipes and designs nutritionally-optimised meal plans and programs to inspire others to make healthier choices that encourage a vital body and mind. She also specialises in food sensitivities including gluten free and dairy free recipes.
Her aim is to always keep it simple, do-able and fun with a holistic approach that considers a positive relationship with your body, life-balance and ‘keeping it real.’
The philosophy behind her business is to “Live the real you, love truly and deeply, nourish from the inside out.”