These delicious pistachio stuffed mushroom recipe by Integrative Nutritionist, Chef and Author of ‘Heal Your Gut’ Lee Holmes is a delicious healthy gluten free, dairy free snack, finger food or entree.
- 16 button mushrooms or 8 large Swiss brown, washed and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 40g chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 200g finely chopped pistachios
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl and steep briefly in hot water
- Pat dry with paper towel. (This helps mushrooms soak up marinade)
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl
- Add mushrooms to marinade mix, ensuring each mushroom is well coated, and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Meanwhile, mix stuffing ingredients together in a bowl
- Remove mushrooms from fridge and transfer to a baking tray, cap side up
- Divide stuffing mixture among mushroom caps
- Transfer to oven and cook for 20 minutes
From posting recipes and sharing her story to help others, Lee Holmes is today a best-selling author and the founder of website www.superchargedfood.com
She has an Advanced Certificate in Nutrition, is a Certified Health Coach (Institute of Integrative Nutrition), Hatha Yoga Teacher and Whole Foods Chef; and her books, the highly successful Supercharged Food series, have been created for anyone looking to overhaul their diet.
Today Lee appears regularly on Australian television and in publications both here and abroad, including as the resident Healthy Food Expert for www.lifestyle.com.au and her blog becoming one of the leading health and lifestyle blogs in Australia (and winner of the 2013 BUPA Health Influencer Awards), focused simply on making realistic and small changes every day.