There are some deserts that look almost too good to eat, and this is one of them. A deliciously healthy no bake, gluten, wheat and diary free raw berry and chocolate torte recipe by Integrative Nutritionist Lee Holmes that will have your guests lining up for more. Healthy has never tasted this good!
- 175 g (6 oz/11/2 cups) raw walnuts
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dried berries
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 155 g (51/2 oz/1 cup) raw, unsalted cashews
- 40 g (11/2 oz/1/3 cup) raw cacao powder
- 115 g (4 oz) cacao butter, grated and melted
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup, or 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 2 tablespoons additive-free coconut milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups mixed berries, plus extra, for decorating (optional)
- Place the cashews in a bowl, cover with filtered water and soak for 2 hours. Drain.
- To make the base, place the walnuts in a food processor and blend until they are finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add the lemon zest.
- Place the coconut oil and dried berries in the food processor and blend. Add to the walnut mixture and combine well.
- Press the mixture into a 20 cm (8 inch) spring form cake tin and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove the base from the freezer and spoon the filling over the top.
- Chill for 2 hours in the fridge, or 1 hour in the freezer, until set. Scatter over the extra berries before serving.
- This will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge, or 2 weeks in the freezer.
From posting recipes and sharing her story to help others, Lee Holmes is today a best-selling author and the founder of website www.superchargedfood.com
She has an Advanced Certificate in Nutrition, is a Certified Health Coach (Institute of Integrative Nutrition), Hatha Yoga Teacher and Whole Foods Chef; and her books, the highly successful Supercharged Food series, have been created for anyone looking to overhaul their diet.
Today Lee appears regularly on Australian television and in publications both here and abroad, including as the resident Healthy Food Expert for www.lifestyle.com.au and her blog becoming one of the leading health and lifestyle blogs in Australia (and winner of the 2013 BUPA Health Influencer Awards), focused simply on making realistic and small changes every day.