This quick, simple and deliciously healthy gluten, dairy, wheat and sugar free stir-fried red prawn recipe is perfect for a casual get-together with friends.
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) peeled and deveined prawns
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- juice from 1 lime
- 400 ml(14 fl oz) additive-free coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium handful basil leaves
- Asian greens, to serve
- Combine the prawns, red curry paste, garlic, ginger and
- lime juice in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the prawns from the fridge.
- Heat coconut oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the prawns and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and basil and cook for a further minute.
- Serve immediately on a bed of Asian greens.
From posting recipes and sharing her story to help others, Lee Holmes is today a best-selling author and the founder of website www.superchargedfood.com
She has an Advanced Certificate in Nutrition, is a Certified Health Coach (Institute of Integrative Nutrition), Hatha Yoga Teacher and Whole Foods Chef; and her books, the highly successful Supercharged Food series, have been created for anyone looking to overhaul their diet.
Today Lee appears regularly on Australian television and in publications both here and abroad, including as the resident Healthy Food Expert for www.lifestyle.com.au and her blog becoming one of the leading health and lifestyle blogs in Australia (and winner of the 2013 BUPA Health Influencer Awards), focused simply on making realistic and small changes every day.