Super quick and easy to make, this scrumptious bowl of love will warm your insides this winter.
- 1/2 cup cooked millet
- 2 shallot stems chopped finely
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped finely
- 2 celery stems chopped finely
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 2 small red chillies chopped finely
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 pieces nitrate free bacon chopped finely
- Dash of Himalayan salt
- In a small saucepan add the millet with 2-3 cups of water and cook on a medium setting for approximately 15 minutes. Strain through the excess water and place the cooked millet in a bowl whilst you prepare other ingredients.
- In a small pan add the bacon, onion, egg and chilli and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- In a small steamer add the celery and carrot and steamer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the vegetables, bacon, eggs, and chilli are cooked, then add to a large mixing bowl along with cooked millet and stir through the olive oil.
Carly Hicks is a Health and Wellness Entrepreneur and Food Intolerance Recipe Creator.
Being diagnosed with an Autoimmune Disorder at 24 helped Carly find her passion for creating healthy recipes, her love of natural remedies to heal the body, and how the importance of living a healthy lifestyle has allowed to heal from within.
She’s a Naturopath in the making and now on a mission to help show others how to take control of their health through healthy food choices and lifestyle changes.
If you suffer from food intolerance’s, looking to get that spark back in your life, or just looking for some tasty nourishing meals, then Carly has you covered.