We respect your privacy
- The Love Destination Pty Ltd respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address, identification number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
What personal information is collected
- The Love Destination Pty Ltd will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you submit to our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name and email address to enable us to send you information, provide updates and process your product or service order.
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
How we collect your personal information
How we use your personal information
- The Love Destination Pty Ltd may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you.
- The Love Destination Pty Ltd will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to. This may include to:
– provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities;
administer our business activities;
– manage, research and develop our products and services;
– provide you with information about our products and services;
– communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, sms or mail; and
– investigate any complaints.
- If you withhold your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access our website our apps.
- We may disclose your personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases.
Disclosure of your personal information
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to California consumers and forms part of The Love Destination Privacy Statement.
CCPA Personal Information Collected by The Love Destination
The Love Destination collects information that relates to, describes, identifies or could be linked to, either directly or indirectly a particular consumer or household (“CCPA personal information”). The following lists the categories of CCPA personal information from consumers that The Love Destination has collected over the last twelve (12) months.
- Identifiers: A broad spectrum of information falls under “identifiers.” These include name, email address, user name, IP address and billing address. These identifiers or personal information are collected in a number of ways and connected to your Love Destination account. For instance, The Love Destination collects the name, email address, address and IP address for subscribers. (Credit card information is collected via a third party payment processing portal and is not saved by The Love Destination.) Other identifiers include identifiers used for third party advertising such as third party advertising cookies on our website. These are not associated with your account but can be used to serve relevant advertising and promotional messages to you on other sites, platforms and applications.
- Information on Internet and electronic network activity: As an online service, The Love destination collects CCPA personal information in this category which include your logins and activity on the Love Destination service.
- Geolocation data: While your exact geolocation data is not collected from GPS sensors by our streaming service, IP addresses and general location are collected in order to provide viewers with a more seamless viewing experience on the platform.
- Inferences: We have a general recommendation system that provides recommendations based on titles and categories watched.
Uses of CCPA personal information. The Love Destination uses the CCPA personal information listed above in order to improve your experience when using Love Destination on any of its applications and platforms. CCPA personal information may be used in the following ways in order to:
- Communicate with you to provide you with information about our products or services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services, promotional announcements, surveys and opportunities available to you.
- Provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities.
- Communicate with you about password or username resets. Communication may take place through multiple channels including via email, push notifications, phone if supplied or online messaging.
- Manage, analyse, research and develop our products and service.
- Investigate any complaints or fraud.
- Determine your general location in order to provide more relevant content.
For any questions or requests in relation to our California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com or US: +1 (646) 381 2042.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the European Union (EU)
- The Love Destination Pty Ltd will comply with the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR for the purpose of fairness, transparency and lawful data collection and use.
- We process your personal information as a Processor and/or to the extent that we are a Controller as defined in the GDPR.
- We must establish a lawful basis for processing your personal information. The legal basis for which we collect your personal information depends on the data that we collect and how we use it.
- We will only collect your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose and any data collected will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose. We will keep your data safe and secure.
- We will also process your personal information if it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or to fulfil a contractual or legal obligation.
- We process your personal information if it is necessary to protect your life or in a medical situation, it is necessary to carry out a public function, a task of public interest or if the function has a clear basis in law.
- We do not collect or process any personal information from you that is considered “Sensitive Personal Information” under the GDPR, such as personal information relating to your sexual orientation or ethnic origin unless we have obtained your explicit consent, or if it is being collected subject to and in accordance with the GDPR.
- You must not provide us with your personal information if you are under the age of 16 without the consent of your parent or someone who has parental authority for you. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of children.
Your rights under the GDPR
- If you are an individual residing in the EU, you have certain rights as to how your personal information is obtained and used. The Love Destination Pty Ltd complies with your rights under the GDPR as to how your personal information is used and controlled if you are an individual residing in the EU
- Except as otherwise provided in the GDPR, you have the following rights:
– to be informed how your personal information is being used;
– access your personal information (we will provide you with a free copy of it);
– to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
– to delete your personal information (also known as “the right to be forgotten”);
– to restrict processing of your personal information;
– to retain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes;
– to object to your personal information being used; and
– to object against automated decision making and profiling.
- We may ask you to verify your identity before acting on any of your requests.
Hosting and International Data Transfers
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties or sites located in countries outside of Australia. These may include, but are not limited to Australia and USA.
- We and our other group companies have offices and/or facilities in Australia and USA. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from The Love Destination Pty Ltd’s Data Protection Officer.
- The hosting facilities for our website are situated in Australia and USA. Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from The Love Destination Pty Ltd’s Data Protection Officer.
- Our Suppliers and Contractors are situated worldwide. Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from The Love Destination Pty Ltd’s Data Protection Officer.
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
Security of your personal information
- The Love Destination Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under the GDPR and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint
- When you visit our website
- When you come to our website (www.lovedestination.com), we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, IP addresswebsite visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Third party sites
- Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that The Love Destination Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.